Living in Honduras and Guatemala is sometimes hard, mostly fun but never boring. Here some of my musings on life in this colourful part of the world where you can always expect the unexpected. Hence Serendipity, the gift of finding without seeking…

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Things I don’t understand in Honduras: Pajillas



If you order a fresco, you usually get it served with a pajilla or straw. Thing is, the straw is about an inch shorter than the bottle is tall. So when you stop drinking, the straw falls into the bottle and it’s hard to get it out again.

Straws are not expensive. They’re actually really cheap, every brand (all of them too short) I’ve ever seen. I have no idea how they are made, but I can’t imagine it’s a big deal, considering their low cost. So why can’t they make straws a little bit longer? Who decides on the length of a straw anyways? Are there any straw regulations?

I don’t like the hassle of pulling a straw out of a pop bottle with my pinkie. I guess that’s why I prefer beer…

No comments:

Post a Comment