Living in Honduras or Guatemala as a foreigner is sometimes hard, mostly fun and never boring. This Blog is about more than just the oddities of my years in the not-so tranquil, cobble-stoned town of Copán Ruinas and, more recently, Antigua Guatemala. Hence Serendipity, the gift of finding without seeking…

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Affordable Art for Everyone



Goof Inca

A little art makes a priceless gift!

I’m not a very Christmassy sort of person, or much into any other festivities, but I thought it would be nice to do something special for the holidays: affordable art for everyone!

This is a series of Pre-Columbian images that I copied from codex, engravings murals, vase paintings, stelae, masks and other sources. Most of them are tiny details that often go unnoticed, but they fascinate me. They’re not only Maya, there’re some Mixtex, Inca, Aztec and Mochica images too.  I then colour them with gouache paint and give them a little “Carin make-over”. So in the end they have little to do with the original.

Those images shown below measure 4.25” x 5.5”, painted on folded watercolour paper and wrapped in cellophane (including a white envelop), so you can use it as a postcard. Or frame it, hang it over the fire place, use it as a dart board, place-mat, whatever you like. Or I can deliver the painting on a piece of 8.5” x 5.5” watercolour paper on cardboard, wrapped in cellophane.

Each painting is original and unique and costs only $10. I can do special requests (size, colours, theme) for a small extra fee.
If you order 10 paintings, I’ll pay for shipping. (For smaller orders, allow $5 for shipping per order). Payment through Paypal. For orders or more information, contact me at carinsteen at yahoo.com.

So, make someone happy for the holidays (me, for starters) and buy art NOW!!!

Architecture
Egret
Dove
Three Masks
Sun
Blue Dog
Parrot
Shield
Red Bird
Blue Bird
Jaguar
Mask
Snail
Heart
Agouti
Shield with Fringe
Soldier
Detail Maya Headdress
Bird /Jaguar
Bird in Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment